• Qualified committed field and administration staff
• Market your wool with WISS – or sell to market.
• Weekly auction in the largest wool selling centre in the world – MELBOURNE
• Electronic selling through Wooltrade
• All lots immediately re-valued after any sale day
• Annual profit sharing through our selling rebate over $2M distributed to date.
• Registered, licensed risk manager on staff
• Free weekly market report and news
• Wool producer owned and controlled
• Client focused
• Interlots sold to best client advantage
• Storage charged after 12 months
• Competitive charging structure – compare our account sales with your current service provider’s account sales
All sites are registered with the Australian Wool Exchange for the pre-sale certification and preparation of wool for sale.
Woolgrowers Independent Selling Services offer to clients an alternative to the traditional auction sales by having their wool on offer to the global wool industry 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Wooltrade since its inception has sold over 1,000,000 bales.
Holds its Annual General Meeting during the month of October at varying locations.
Following the Chairman’s Report, Financial Report and the appointment of 3 directors on a 3 year rotation, the meeting is opened up to client members to enable a platform for general discussion on any given topic which may help benefit the company for the present and future directions.
This year, the 41st Annual General Meeting will be conducted via Zoom on Friday 16th October 2020, commencing at 9.00am.
Note: A WISS Client is defined as a Woolgrower who has sold wool via Woolgrowers Independent Selling Services Ltd in two of the last three years.
Members National Council of Wool Selling Brokers and Australian Wool Exchange Ltd.
Wiss is wool grower owned and controlled. All profits are returned to growers each year as a per bale rebate.
Over the past 41 years, Wiss has returned over $2 million in rebate to its growers.
Auction or electronic selling and warehousing $30.00
Per bale total charge inc. 12 months storage no charge for re-offers.
For wool delivered to Melbourne, Ararat, Yarrawonga, Hamilton, Adelaide, Lara:
Wiss selling charge plus 7 cents per kg.
Wiss selling charge plus 13 cents per kg.
1, 2 and 3 bale lines as a lot
Wiss selling charge plus $8.00 per bale.
Sheep back to store and fire insurance at 0.45% of gross proceeds.
Competitive charges with quality service.
Through its membership NATIONAL COUNCIL OF WOOL SELLING BROKERS and the AUSTRALIAN WOOL EXCHANGE we sell at regular Melbourne sales.
Before sale you will be contacted by us with a market appraisal price (valuation) for all lots in the sale. The appraisal price is the last known average price for that type of wool. We do not attempt to adjust this price so that you can give us informed selling instructions. You may reserve any lots or request us to sell at market value on the day. There is no charge for passed in or re-offered lots.